Sponsorship

Sponsorship

In India, a substantial number of children are yet to get the opportunity of formal education for several reasons, even after the implementation of The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act 2009. The situation has not improved over the years as many such children either become victims of child labour, get married at a tender age, fall prey to human trafficking, or compelled to take care of household chores. Social and economic barriers create hindrances for children to continue their studies. Access to formal schooling and receiving quality education are the two significant challenges for the children in government schools. At the Swapnopuron School in Hingalgunj, we try to provide English-based quality education to children coming from a lower social-economic background. More than 250 children are presently studying in this school in the Nursery to Standard V grades. We have found that over 95% of these children are brilliant and have the inherent skills to acquire knowledge with ease.

Your support to these children would undoubtedly bring about meaningful changes in their lives and that of the parents. Academic support would also help these children to overcome trauma and abuse at home. At present, we have just completed the ground floor of the school building with the help of the Roundtable Foundation, but more funds are required to complete the three-storied school building. We aim to make this a CBSE affiliated school for more than 1000 students, from Nursery to Standard X. Your support to these children would certainly bring about meaningful changes in their lives as well as that of the parents. Academic support would also help these children to overcome trauma and abuse at home.

Sponsor a Child

While the English medium school established by us is imparting quality education to the needy children in and around Hingalgunj, we are trying to help in other ways too. We also help them enrol in various Government schools. Through various interventions, we protect children from forcefully joining the workforce or becoming victims of human trafficking and child marriage. However, there is a way to address this problem systematically and meaningfully. The simplest way to deal with this situation is to extend backup support to these vulnerable children through educational sponsorship to address the gaps in access to education. They need financial help as their families are not able to support them.

We have started an Education Sponsorship Programme through which we will be providing various supports like School Fees, Educational Items, Text Books and Coaching Support to the students in need.

On average, we incur a cost of Rs.12000 per child per year.

About 80% of the sponsored amount will be spent directly on the children. The remaining 20% amount would be used for reporting and covering the administrative cost. The main aim is to make sure no student has to forego his or her education due to lack of economic support.

When you become part of this program, you will receive a Quarterly Progress Report of the individual child you would be sponsoring. You will have the scope to meet the child whenever you visit Hingalgunj or other action areas.

Anyone can support more than one child at a time. You will receive an Income Tax benefit under 80G of the Income Tax Act against the sponsored amount. We will issue a donation receipt against all such contributions.

Sponsor a Child